Distilled water, white vinegar, vegetable oil.
Grinder, constant temperature water bath, steam distillation device, oil-water separator, etc.
Method of extraction
Raw material → soaking → crushing → acid adjustment → hydrolysis → distillation → separation → preparation → mustard seed blending oil.
- Raw material. Choose mustard seeds with full grains, large grains and dark yellow color as raw materials.
- Soak. Weigh the mustard seeds, add 6 to 8 times of warm water at about 37°C, and soak for 25 to 35 hours.
- Smash. The soaked mustard seeds are ground in a grinder, and the finer the better, the mustard seed paste is obtained.
- Adjust acid. Adjust the pH of the mustard seed paste to around 6 with white vinegar.
- Hydrolysis. Put the pH-adjusted mustard seed paste into a hydrolysis container, place it in a constant temperature water bath, and keep it at about 80°C for hydrolysis for 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Distilled. The hydrolyzed mustard seed paste was put into a distillation device, and the pungent substances were steamed out by steam distillation.
- Separation. The distillate after distillation is an oil-water mixture, which is separated by an oil-water separator to obtain mustard oil.
- Deployment. Mix the mustard oil and vegetable oil according to the formula ratio and stir evenly, that is, mustard seed blended oil.